Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Where can I find Dashi stock in Greensboro, NC?

I live in Greensboro, nc and I would like to begin to make homecooked japanese meals but I cant seem to find dashi in any of the supermarkets. I found miso paste at harris teeter but I havent bought it yet, so, also, does anyone know if Minute Miso [the brand] is good?



Also, I could make it if I could find kelp and bonito flakes, so if anyone knows where I can find them that would help also. Thanks!Where can I find Dashi stock in Greensboro, NC?
Go to an Asian market and ask for Hon Dashi powdered broth mix. It sounds like you are making miso soup maybe? I have never heard of minute miso. At an Asian market you should be able to find all of your ingredients and more including noodles, tofu etc.

I lived for 2 weeks on miso soup with additions when I was younger and on my own and broke. You can also add eggs, veggies, meat etc

you are in a big city so finding your ingredients shouldn't be a problem.

No comments:

Post a Comment