Friday, February 24, 2012

Japanese cooking cupboard Ingredients?

Hi





I love Japanese cooking but often find myself substituting ingredients due to not being able to find the ones listed on the recipes.





Can anyone give me a list of cupboard ingredients essentials? basic for Japanese cooking that I should get and always have in my cupboard. As I want to do a big online order and stock up.





I have come up with the following so far:





Wasabi Paste


Soy Sauce


Mirin


Rice Wine


Rice Vinegar


Dashi


Furikake Seasoning (chilli spice)


Shichimi Togerashi (Spice mix)


Matcha (powdered green tea)


Miso Paste/Soup


Noodles





(If wanting to make Sushi)





Sushi Rice


Sushi Mat


Pickled ginger


Nori





Are there any more??





Thanks ^_^|||http://www.foodnetwork.com/good-eats/pan鈥?/a>





Check out that website. It is Alton Brown's episode of Good Eats titled Pantry Raid XII: Turning Japanese. Its a great show. You might be able to find the whole episode on YouTube.|||Anise...five spice...Oyster or fish sauce...peanut oil...sesame seeds...

No comments:

Post a Comment