Friday, February 24, 2012

Japanese soup with minimum Japanese ingredients?

Ok, so I have the following ingredients (and no option for any more since I live in a small town in South-eastern Europe, it's a miracle I found these): kombu kelp, fresh shiitake mushrooms, soy sauce. Then I have local vegetables: carrots, parsnips, parsley, potatoes, onions, garlic. I also have several types of oils: sunflowers, pumpkin, linseed, grapeseed, olive oil, and vinegars: grape and apple balsamico and ordinary vegetable vinegar. And white rice. :-)


Now, I've learned how to make dashi from kombu. So how do I make soup out of it? I need a recipe and all I could find on the internet always includes something I cannot buy here (like tofu or rice syrup or something like that). Could anyone help me?|||ok as far as recipes go and especailly for soups .. the end result will basicly be the same with out that product... going 2 say you can always use the recipe but if you dont have a certain ingridiant improvise... for tofu put meat.. or if u need rice syrup add a bit of sugar... the amazing thing about cooking is exploring trying diffrent recipes and adjusting them to your liking... and for the soup issue sweat off ur onions like in every soup then add the (longest to cook) veggies in first then so forth... till all ur vegies are cooked... once all veggies are almost done cooking add garlic make sure u dunt burn ... then add chicken stock... preferably and if not... Water and soya sauce 2 taste let cook for idk 30 mins simmering... and serve with garnish of parsley?? idk lol invent sumtin ;) gl have fun ^.^|||What Andrew said, but if you need to find other recipes that you can adapt for your use you might check:





www.steamykitchen.com





They are asian recipes predominately.

No comments:

Post a Comment