Friday, February 24, 2012

Is my boss mad at me?

I'm nervous...I work in a Japanese Steakhouse under a Japanese boss. He's always been very nice to me, but I'm getting nervous that I'm making him mad at me...I've been getting sick a lot lately and had to stay home from work, and I feel like when I am at work, I always seem to disappoint him by doing something wrong.



example: in the kitchen as he was walking out the door, he told me to turn off the grill at one of the customers tables. So I did, thinking that it had a gas leak or something. Later that night I found out that over the noise of the kitchen, he actually said turn UP the grill. He had been fighting with another chief over it because the chief had said it wasn't hot enough, and my boss insisted that it was because he had faith that I turned it up. I'll never forget how disappointed he looked in me...



thing is, I don't know for sure if he's mad at me...what should I do? Apologize anyway, stay quiet and just try to do better, or confront him?|||ask him you wont know until you do|||your situation is exactly like mine..i am a foreign student in japan.. and right i am working in shakey's pizza well.. the boss seems dissapointed in me when i do mistakes like making wrong pizza.. don't get what he says.. etc. but you dont have to be serious bout him.. is just a part time anyway..

Report Abuse

|||Apologize and try to do better.|||i would say confront him and aske if he is mad at you and wat you can do better|||i don't think any boss likes it when an employee calls in sick but hey if your sick your sick! don't worry about it as long as you are doing a great job while at work ! he will get over it :)|||You should pull him to the side when you're not busy and tell him that you made the mistake and apologize.



Remember, it's just a job. Nothing more, nothing less.



You sound young. So I commend you on working and taking pride in your job.



If so, you're still learning. That's how you learn, by making mistakes.



Good luck to you, and don't worry so much.
  • veganism
  • applebees application
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment