Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Do you think I should quit my job?

I work at a Japanese Steakhouse as a busboy. My job description is



1. Clean grills

2.reset tables

3. light grills





The past two sundays I have gone off on two of my co workers. This is the synopsis



The past two sundays that I've worked we have gotten extremly busy which is abnormal considering that they only have me as the busyboy on sunday. When we are busy we usually have two busboys. Anyway last Sunday, I was cleaning grills when people kept coming over fussing with me for not lighting the grill that people have sat at the table. I replied that I've been busy cleaning the other grills that were dirty. One of my coworkers who is a server walked to the grill I was cleaning and starting fussing with me that I'm not doing my job and complaining that she had been cleaning the tables I wasn't at. I replied that I had 5 tables I'm constantly being told to clean then when i go to the tables people tell me to go light a grill. She walks to the back. I pick up the bus pan and carrry it to the back to give to the cleaners. I hear the server Natalie saying "Shaun has been sitting on his a** doing nothing while I've been doing his job." Not being the kind to let anyone run their mouth about me when I hear about it I walk over and say "Sitting on my a**? If I remember correctly I've been cleaning tables and other sh*t. I've got 5 different tables I'm doing and every two seconds someone is fussing with me for not doing something else." Then she starts her response and we go back and forth in incomprehensible yelling and cussing and The Cleaner tells her to stop cussing at me and I leave and say "Sitting on my ***? F*ck that sh*t" we come into contact again and she says "Well apparently ur not doing your job good enough, All the other busboys can handle it. I told her "Well get another f*cking busboy to come then" and she goes to the back and I go to empty the pan again and the manager is back there fussing at her. then everything was alright, I apologized to the manager saying that I'm srry things aren't getting done quickly but I can't do 20 tables at one time. He says its fine and he knows we are busy.||| It takes two people to have an argument if you care about trying to do a good job put your job before your feeling do not cuss in a place where the public can hear. Management will notice you are the one making effort to be polite in front of costumers they will want to keep you more than someone willing to cuss in front of their customers.

Doing a good job goes hand and hand with self-respect.

Good luck
  • lund boats
  • auto salvage
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment