Friday, February 24, 2012

How can I convince my parents to stay in FL rather than moving to CA?

My parents say business is bad, and now they want to move back to California.


I am two years away from graduating from a school I love. All of my friends are here. The college(s) I want to go to are here. My boyfriend of 3 years is here. This is where I really grew up. I call this place home.





I understand business isn't well and that we need to find a solution, however I don't see that solution in CALIFORNIA. From what I understand, it'd be more expensive to live there than here in Florida, where there is no state income tax, 2-3% lower sales tax, and considering how if we do move to CA, I plan on coming back here to go to college no matter what (all that time and money spent moving back and forth? not worth it.)





I don't know of anybody who would willfully take me in to their home for two years or so, and I'm pretty sure my parents wouldn't even allow it. I'm 16. Is there anything I/we can do?





S/N (pertaining to building better business to prevent moving): How would you make your business (restaurant; Japanese steakhouse) better against all other competition? Our prices are already pretty cheap compared to other Japanese restaurants.





PLEASE %26amp; THANK YOU!|||You can鈥檛 convince them. It is their decision not yours. When you鈥檙e old enough to move out and take care of yourself then you make the decisions. I did it when I was 17.|||They obviously have better memories of being in California, but you might try asking them specifically what they would do there.


Can they open another restaurant? Do they have family? Get them to think about what California has to offer them today as opposed to how it was before.|||Hi hon:





Don't be mad at your parents....it sounds like business could be bad and they are feeling pressured to provide for their family and perhaps grasping at straws.





Talk to them and tell them how you are feeling...rationally of course..no threats or screaming/yelling. Try and help them promote their business...perhaps people from your school if they went to your parents restaurant wearing school colours would get 10% off...or anyone wearing pink( I saw that lots in Florida...looks killer with a great tan...lol) same thing a discount...somehow increase the traffic to their restaurant.


I have lots of ideas but I am sure if you thought too you could come up with many.


Don't be too hard on them...they love you and want to provide for you.


Good Luck to you all and I will be sending Good Wishes and business your way...lol


J


XXXXXXX

No comments:

Post a Comment