Saturday, February 11, 2012

I am going to make Katsudon and the recipes all call for dashi. What type should I use? I bot Katsuo Dashi .?

I just realized there are many different types and I am not sure which one I should be using or if it even matters.I am going to make Katsudon and the recipes all call for dashi. What type should I use? I bot Katsuo Dashi .?
Katsuo Dashi is fine. It's just soup like sauce you pour on your Katsudon if you want. You can put less (just enough to moisten your rice) but if you like the soupy kind, then you can put more. You don't even have to put it if you don't want it. It's basically battered pork cutlet with scrambled eggs over rice - and you mixed it with soup stock or sauce. The Katsu sauce (Worcestershire kind) is fine.



What you want to do is follow the direction - about 1 oz of Dashi for 1 cup water - heat it in medium heat till it boils. Then strain it athrough with a paper towel so you don't have the flakes with the stock, if you don't want it. Taste it first before you put it with your dish (in a bowl).

No comments:

Post a Comment