Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Difference between dashi and meso?

I'm looking for a egg yolk batter or sauce that is served over shrimp, it thickens. I've tried one with meso(white) but the flavor nor thickness wasn't there.Difference between dashi and meso?
Miso (not "meso") is made from fermented soybeans. It is sold in a paste.



Dashi is a stock typically made from kelp and bonito (dried fish flakes) and is typically made from dried bonito and kelp or other dried ingredients. Because it is a stock, the thickness won't be there.



For an egg-yolk batter sauce, I would personally try using vegan mayo (assuming you're vegan) or just make an egg-yolk sauce (if you aren't vegan).
well, for starters, Miso is not an egg based sauce. It's made from fermented beans.



(I had to stop for a second when you asked this as I'm a raw vegan and I use Miso. It was recomended by a raw food chef, so I had to question the actual ingredients of it.)



and Dashi is a soup stock made from shittaki mushrooms/kelp/sardines or a couple others.



I can see why neither of these would thicken for you. I did find a japanese shrimp sauce at this link http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Japanese-Sh鈥?/a>Difference between dashi and meso?
Dashi starts wit a "D" and Meso starts with an "M".

No comments:

Post a Comment