Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Is it possible to make miso soup with beef broth?

Any time I've eaten miso soup, it tastes like beef broth with a few other ingredients. When I looked it up, I realized that you need dashi, miso paste, and all sorts of other things that I can't seem to find at grocery stores. I'm wondering if there is a way to make it with just beef broth, scallions, and a few other easy to find ingredients.Is it possible to make miso soup with beef broth?
Dashi is the broth from dried bonito flakes - a kind of tuna. You will not typically find dashi or miso in smaller grocery stores. You need to find an Asian market or order the ingredients online.

It's miso soup because the main flavor is from the miso paste. Without the key ingredients, you will just have beef broth with some veggies.Is it possible to make miso soup with beef broth?
yes definitely

No comments:

Post a Comment