Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How to thaw a frozen stock?

I made some dashi stock (vegetarian dashi - no fish flakes) and had a lot left over - so I froze it a few weeks back - I didn't learn about the freezing into ice cube trick until later so it's one giant block of frozen stock in a tupperware container. I want to thaw it out so I can use it as a base for a sauce tonight...how should I go about doing this - microwave - if so how long...on the defrost setting? Any other suggestions?



Thanks!How to thaw a frozen stock?
Hi,I'd just microwve it until you had what you needed and put the rest back as it is only liquid you should be ok as long as it is not left to go sour.I hope this helps, All the best. Rab
just put in pot and turn on medium low heat. the ice trays are a real fine way to go.How to thaw a frozen stock?
put it in the microwave till its thawed out
let it set on the kitchen counter for about a day?

No comments:

Post a Comment