Tuesday, February 14, 2012

What to put in dashi soup (everyday kitchen ingredients) please help?

I'm making soup for my sick sister, but we're short on vegetarian soups. I'm making some dashi broth but I need something else to put in it. the only asian ingredients I have at home right now are rice, seaweed, soy sauce, dashi soup stock, rice flour, and green tea powder. I don't have any udon noodles, miso paste, or even tofu! I'm really short on everything...



I need something to put in the soup to spice it up! would a hard boiled egg work? can I use a different type of noodle? please help!! I need as many suggestions as possibleWhat to put in dashi soup (everyday kitchen ingredients) please help?
You should add some seaweed. You could even cook some rice then add some into the soup, but you should try adding a little only, because if you add too much she might that be able to finish it since she is sick, and actually almost any type of noodle would work, but try to not use ramen though, because ramen isn't as good for her since she's sick.
I'm not a cook but I hope my suggestion help you somehow, first please see this site:http://erecipe.woman.excite.co.jp/detail鈥?/a>

It is called "Tamagoshiru" or egg soup. My suggestion is to make something very close to it with soy sauce,dashi soup stock, and eggs.

First boil water and scramble eggs. (if you have leek, slice it finely)

Pour the scrambled eggs in the boiled hot still water pan very, very slowly so as the egg does not make a large form in the pan.

And add the sliced leak(if you have), soy sauce, dashi soup stock ,then reheat the pan briefly.

Instead of leek or in addition to it, if your seaweed is wakame weed, then it will be an ideal ingredient in the tamagoshiru.

This soup is used to be served to sick person in Japan.What to put in dashi soup (everyday kitchen ingredients) please help?
Yeah, I think an egg could work. Also probably any long thin noodle like spaghetti or linguine would be fine. I wouldn't use short noodles though.
Some veg ideas- chopped spinach or other greens, cabbage, red bell pepper, sliced mushrooms, shredded carrot?
edit- you might want to stir fry the vegs or steam them for a minute, depending on which you use/how long you have left to cook the broth?

No comments:

Post a Comment