Saturday, March 3, 2012

My heart beats irregular after I eat a large meal, as well as my breathing, I'm dizzy, ready to faint.?

Lately, I don't know what to make of this. Sometimes, after I eat a large meal, my heart beats irregular. Then I notice I'm breathing irregularly too. And then I start feeling lightheaded and dizzy. Tonight I almost felt like I was ready to faint. The episode did not last long, only about a minute or two, thankfully. I had gone out to dinner with my boyfriend and his friends to a Japanese Hibachi Steakhouse, and about a couple hours later, I had the symptoms. I noticed it a lot more during the holidays. All those larger than norm meals and fattening holiday food and cookies and candies. I begin to wonder if it's a freaking heart problem. I'm fine when I eat smaller meals, which I have been doing for the last couple weeks. Then I go out to dinner with friends, eat a large meal, and suddenly I'm experiencing those same symptoms. Been to the doctors at least a couple times now and they don't think it's a heart condition, but I know this can't be normal. The EKG showed nothing at the urgent care center. My pulse rate was at 100 then 90, though. Blood pressure was close to 140/90. Then at the follow-up with my regular doctor pulse and BP were back to normal. But of course, I hadn't eaten anything prior to that 2nd appointment, and I was not experiencing the symptoms at that time. They seemed to think it's just a panic attack, but it's only after I eat something heavy. That's not a panic attack! But of course, I'm panicking, because my hearts going fast then slow, and I'm not breathing right, and then I'm dizzy and ready to faint. Could this be a heart attack? I'm only 38 years old, but these episodes scare me.|||It's a couple of things. It's the combination of panicking at the moment thinking there is something wrong with you, and, believe it or not your heart HAS to work harder after a large meal because it takes exertion from your body to digest the food. This has probably been happening forever, but you are just starting to notice it. Dont worry, everything is fine!|||its actually been proven that your at a higher risk of heart attack and cardiac problems after a large meal





take it up with a doctor could be anything from collesterol to Blood pressure or galbladder





go to your general doctor tell him the simptoms





going to ER after simptoms start in my opinion wouldnt work very well your body would already be working on emptying out your stomach and allowing more space in your chest so simptoms would be going away|||"but it's only after I eat something heavy. That's not a panic attack!" Oh yes it is. This is one of my key panic causes: eating too much. a few minutes later, completely horrible panic. Its happend many many many many many many times.

No comments:

Post a Comment