Tuesday, March 6, 2012

TVP burgers?

Does anybody out there have a TVP(Textured Vegetable Protein) recipes that really work? I have tried many, but the burger patties fall apart when you are eating. I don't like it when it gets all mushy. Whenever I buy veggie burgers from store, they stay together. I am just wondering how they make them so the all the ingredients bind together.|||I am former chef and use it quite alot for those type of burgers, I soak mine with the spices and herbs, dried onions in a veggie broth, let it steep until the TVP is almost has absorb the liquid, I puree a can of chickpeas almost to a hummus stage and then add the tvp pulse it several times, take it out and ad some chickpea flour, breadcrumbs or matzo meal.





Let it sit, then form the burgers, 4-5oz, and cook them in a non-stick skillet with a spritz of oil from may spray pump, they stay together for me, and the texture the TVP adds is almost a meat like chewiness.

No comments:

Post a Comment