Friday, March 9, 2012

Will you burn fat if you eat only cheese for breakfast?

I have some fat on my hips but I am only a few pounds over ideal weight. I am 5ft 2 and weigh 126lb. I am not a body builder and just want to try to make my body switch to burning more fat for a short period of a week or every other day for a couple of weeks.





I am on a semi low carb diet but not exactly and was considering changing to high fat and low carb diet but not too strict about the carbs. e.g. 100gram mixed cheese for breakfast then don't eat for a few hours. fish fingers (breaded) with fried green vegetables, nuts, standard fruits such as apple, plum, apricot (not exotic or berries) and vegetables in between like cucumber and chinese leaves and a boiled egg. If I find I am craving for carbs, I will eat small amounts such as one biscuit, a few pieces of chocolate or 2 boiled sweets.





Then starting the next day with a 3 egg omelette fried in butter, Small amount of fruit and fibre cereal if I get hungry, 1/2 lb of cocktail viennas with peas and greens covered in small amount of oil, nuts, cheese.





Does it matter exactly what type of fatty foods you eat for this to work?


Does it matter what fat/oil you use for frying - sunolive oil v butter (saturates, poly or mono)


Does the protein to fat ratio matter?


Does it matter if you eat large amounts of high fat protein foods when you crave carbohydrates or is this dangerous - I can imagine myself making 2 omelettes in a day but that would mean 6 eggs and 1200mg of cholesterol. I am not bothered about high cholesterol if its safe for a short period ( I eat very little cholesterol in general). Or I could easily eat a few packets of prepacked meat such as ox tongue, salf beef and roast turkey slices, peppered mackerel, salt beef, cocktail viennas, textured vegetable protein (does it need to be fried in saturated fat such as coconut oil or butter), roast chicken, beef steak and lots of fried vegetables). I don't want to find myself dead next week. Are there limits to this or foods that you should avoid eating too much of?


Are there special fibre fruit and vegetables that are good for this diet?





Thanks,





Ann|||Ann- You are going about losing weight in the wrong way. Eating a diet high in unhealthy fats will help you gain weight, not lose it. Not sure where you thought this might be a good diet. Fried foods don't help you lose weight either.





You want to learn how to eat to speed up your metabolism and lose weight you should read the book Ultrametabolism by Dr. Mark Hyman. After reading that you will hopefully see how your proposed diet was a recipe for failure.|||How bad is cholesterol in eggs? How often should you eat eggs ? Should you be concerned about cholesterol in eggs? Come find out visit www.cholesterolineggs.com

Report Abuse


|||The only equation to fat loss is calories in %26lt; calories out. As long as you're eating less than you expend, you will lose weight. Low carb is a huge scam that I'm really confused as to how and why it started. Putting the body into a state of ketosis is pretty dangerous. If you want to be healthy, than eat REAL food. No artificial colors, processed, pummeled, chemical laden foods.





"Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants."


鈥?Michael Pollan (In Defense of Food: An Eater's Manifesto)


There ya go.|||cheese doesnt come in da nonfat food's category...n u cannot burn fat by eating da fat i.e. i mean da cheese or butter itself.


try having lemon tea n brown bread for breakfast..

No comments:

Post a Comment