Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Can I replace TVP with Soy Flour?

I couldn't find Textured Vegetable Protein at the store, so I got Soy Flour.. Does it taste the same? Or are they completely different? I'm making veggie burgers :]|||TVP is dried up granules of protein; looks like dry crumbles of cereal. Soy flour would not be a substitute. If your supermarket carries "Fantastic Foods" dehydrated supplements like their Veggie Sloppy Joes, Veggie Taco Mix, you could buy the box and use the enclosed TVP and save the seasoning packet for something else. Or use falafel mix, which is chunky and grainy and absorbs water - which seems to be what your recipe is going for.|||Not sure what recipe you're using. A little soy flour would be okay. I like veggie burgers made from a mix of rice, beans, and seasonings.

No comments:

Post a Comment