Friday, March 9, 2012

Is ''artificial chicken flavour'' vegetarian?

So there's no food in the house and I'm really hungry, my mum bought some Nong Shim Oolongmen (chicken flavour) which I was absolutely addicted to before I was veggie.


I looked and there is no real meat in there, only textured vegetable protein, which I eat all the time in things like Quorn and meat substitutes, so that's not a problem.


It does say ''artificial chicken flavouring'' and ''artificial beef flavouring'' on it. I was going to eat it, but I decided to check first. Nowhere does it say online so I asked :(


Is it veggie?


I mean, it's artificial right?|||My sister is absolutely addicted to that food, its her life-saver since she's a vegetarian in a carnivorous household. Since it says, "artificial" which means false, its great for you to eat. Hope this helpsss!|||If it doesnt say vegetarian on the packet it probably isnt. It is probably the mono-and di-glycerides of fatty acids which can be got from either plant or animal source (tallow). If it doesnt say otherwise it will be the animal one. Depends how strict you are.|||Unless it says "vegetarian" at the back, I'd call or mail them and ask before you eat it. I had a pack of asian-style ramen that cointained [artificial chicken flavor] and it said vegetarian at the back.|||Not an animal product , but is chemical and so not vegetarian , but not carnivore either.

Bit like saying is sand vegetarian.|||Yes its veggie artificial means false %26gt;%26gt; not existing naturally so you can eat it. :) Hope i helped.|||It is safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment