Tuesday, March 6, 2012

How do I prepare TVP (textured vegetable protein) so it has the consistency of mince?

And, can you direct me to some great recipe sites with easy recipes with it? I especially want to learn how to make a TVP lasagne!





Do I soak in water or oil? How long? Do I boil it?





Can I fry it in herbs and oil?|||The ratio for cooking TVP is 1:1 - 1 parts TVP to 1 parts liquid. For example; 1 C TVP cooked in 1 C water.





Now, you can make your liquid anything you want to flavor your TVP with at all. You could use soy sauce, BBQ sauce, mustard, ketchup, italian dressing, vegetable broth - anything. I usually just cook it like rice, you boil the water, then throw in the TVP and lower the heat and simmer the TVP until it absorbs all the liquid. You can stop the simmering as soon as it reaches a texture you're satisfied with.





After this, it's up to you what to do with it. You can pretty much use it in any recipe that calls for ground beef! So, just look up any regular lasagne recipe and substitute the ground beef with the TVP and there you go!





I also love to make sloppy joes, tacos, shepards pie... etc... and i am in the process of writing a vegetarian cookbook catered towards meat eaters with vegetarian friends or who are trying to become vegetarian or who need to for health reasons. There will be a bunch of TVP recipes in there!|||Why not just be a man and eat MEAT. You liberals make me sick.

No comments:

Post a Comment