Saturday, March 3, 2012

Working Moms:Do you ever feel guilty for going out without baby?

I work full time during the week. When my husband comes home on the weekends we like to have my mom babysit our 16 mo. old and go out to a nice dinner and drinks then a movie. We always go pick our little boy up first thing the next morning. I was telling my coworkers about this nice new Japanese Steakhouse we were going to Friday night and one girl made the comment that she couldn't go out on the weekend b/c she misses her little girl enough during the week as it is.





Her comment really made me feel like a bad mom even though I know i'm not. I spend every evening with him and pretty much all weekend with him. So working moms, do you ever feel bad for going out on the weekends without your little one? Have you ever had someone try to make you feel guilty for going out?|||Remember - you are a wife first, mother second. Your child will appreciate you and your husband's model of a good marriage. Your boy will become a better husband for it in the end (remember you are raising someones future husband... I am too)|||It is important to have quality time with your husband so that your marriage stays strong, but we probably go out once a month at most. We would never go out every weekend because we too miss our little one too much. Plus we are conservative with our money and we would much rather be saving that money for more important things.





Doesn't make you a bad mom, just different from me.|||I'd be willing to bet your coworker does not have the same strong relationship that you and your husband have and there's a good reason for it. All parents need alone time together, working or not isn't an issue here.|||Yes, and I did not let it bother me. In my experience, most of the women that make those types of comments are probably jealous of some aspect of your life. When my daughter was under 1 yr, I would feel slight seperation anxiety. However, I was told by family that this was normal. My advice is to enjoy your time away from your daughter. It creates a healthy bond and it allows her to miss you. Meaning when you are reunited, she will give you the biggest smile and kisses. My other advice is to be more selective about which of your co-workers you talk about your family/personal business to.|||My husband and I never go out unless its a special occasion like anniversary..birthday..celebrating something special ect ect...I sell Avon though from online so I rarely ever have to leave them. I am with my kids 24/7.|||Well I'm not a mom or woman(I'm not a parent either), however having some speration anxiety is normal and there will always be those who try to make you feel guilty. You need to have some time away from your children even that young, b/c in the end you will appreciate them alot more. You sound like you spend much time w/ him already. No you are not a bad mom, STOP FEELING THAT WAY!





If you don't get any alone time, you could end up taking your stress out on the child, and we would not want that to happen.|||I doubt that chick was trying to make you feel guilty. Sounds to me like she was just saying how it was for her.


I'm the same way as her %26amp; I'm not saying that to be rude or make you feel guilty.





My point is that if you're feeling guilty, it's self-induced. You must not be 100% comfortable with your choice of spending time away from her on the weekends.|||Noone needs to make my husband and I feel guilty when we go out without our daughter. We do a good enough job of that on our own. She is 13 months old and we've only been out twice without her. Once at Christmas to shop for her, we were gone maybe 2 hours. And once for a date night and we were only gone 1 hour. We don't leave her overnight with anyone simply because that's not something we are comfortable with yet. My mom moves back from California in a month and when she gets back hopefully we'll feel more comfortable leaving our daughter for dates. For me though I am away from her enough that I want to be with her every second I can. What you do in your family is your business and you never need to make excuses to anyone for it or feel guilty about it.|||I don't go out without my daughter yet. She's only 8 months old. I feel like your coworker--that I miss my daughter too much as it is--but don't think everyone has to feel like me. People have offered to watch her for us to go out, but I am not ready yet. By 16 months, I may feel differently, though!





Don't let her make you feel guilty. It's good that you spend time with your husband!|||There must be a valid reason for you to feel guilty. If you feel you are a great parent and has done what you needed to do for your child then you wouldn't question it at all. Your coworker made that assumption about you because you were openly enough to give her details of what you do with your private life. If you don't want to be judge don't be so expressive. People have the right to do so, it is their opinion, same for you who feels she couldn't be the same as you since she most likely live her life different from yours.





We all parent differently, we care for our children in our way, some prefer to always be with their child, while some need the time away to keep sane so that they can become a better parent. Either way doesn't change that we love our children, and that when we work we work to provide for them.|||do you work full time so you have money to spend on these VERY regular meals/drinks and movies.


perhaps you should stay at home during the week and be with your children, that is the proper role of a mother|||Hi! There's a article here that i think could help you in that situation.


Here are sites that i go to daily. http://richsinglemomma.com/weblog/ %26amp; http://singlemomsrock.org/ I hope this could help.|||I would feel bad but I don't because I don't do it. My child spends 40 hours a week at day care just like I spend 40 hours a week at work. When I had a child I knew what I was giving up. If I do want to go out and do something I call in sick to work and spend all morning with my baby and then go out in the afternoon so that she gets a day off too.

No comments:

Post a Comment