Saturday, March 3, 2012

Is it illegal for my employer to work me so few hours?

I've been a busboy at Kobe's Japanese Steakhouse for 4 months now. My hours are Wednesdays from 11:00-2:30, and that's ALL.


3.5 hours a week.





I get bi-weekly paychecks of about $50 on average. I'm not making enough money to pay my bills, but whenever I ask for more hours, they refuse and give me lame excuses. What's the point of working me once a work? Why not just fire me if they don't need me?





Is it illegal for them to do this? If so, is there some sort of agency I can contact that will speak with them about it?|||If you were hired as part time, it's legal. If you were hired as full time, it's not. If you need more hours and they won't give them to you, you need to find another job.|||this is perfectly legal, they need a busboy for that shift and you fill that need....








what you need to realize is that restaurant sales increase as an average 20% in February over January and 30% more again in March over February. MOST restaurants hire, and train staff ahead of time in anticipation of these increases.... it will not be long before you have more hours then you want IF you have a great attitude, work hard, do as asked, show up on time etcetera....








and in the US as an adult (unless you have a contract that specifically states what hours you were hired for) it does NOT matter if you were hired full-time. part-time, PRN, etcetera, you work as needed, when needed as much as needed....|||no law, they can give you as many hours as they want.|||why not just find another job?, use those days you don't work, you have plenty of time to look for one. g luck

No comments:

Post a Comment